Steven Sinofsky along with Mike Torres and Omar Shahine from Microsoft announced the availability of SkyDrive applications for Windows, Windows Phone, OSX and IOS devices. Read the full post for complete details of what was announced. Below are some of the highlights from the announcement.
- New SkyDrive users will receive 7GB of free storage. Any existing user who uploaded files prior to April 22, 2012 can opt in to keep 25GB of free storage while also getting all of the new benefits of the service.
- Users will be able to upload large files up to 2GB in size.
- Users can purchase additional storage for at a very affordable price point.
- +20GB for $10/year
- +50GB for $25/year
- +100GB for $50/year
- New SkyDrive application for Windows, Windows Phone, OS X and IOS enable quick and easy access to files stored in SkyDrive.
- The SkyDrive application for Windows and OS X provide a special SkyDrive folder that automatically syncs files to the SkyDrive service
- SkyDrive.com will allow users with the SkyDrive client running on Windows PCs to access their personal files from anywhere.
Here’s where you go to try SkyDrive today: